Greetings from Farmington Public Schools!
On behalf of our entire staff and the Board of Education, I would like to welcome you to our school community. I am extremely excited to be a part of FPS and proud of our collective commitment to each individual within our school district.
As your superintendent, I feel it is important for you to understand the belief system that drives my work on behalf of children each day.
- I believe in the power of education to change a child’s life.
- I believe that we should accept children as they are and work passionately to help them find success as they define it.
- I believe that children should experience joy and excitement at school as often as possible, yet also believe that they should learn how to struggle with ideas, concepts, and content. I feel that in order to appreciate, one must struggle, and that endurance and resilience are skills that can be taught in schools through appropriate experiences.
- I believe that we need to provide teachers with the support and acknowledgment they deserve, as well as the permission to take risks that provide rich experiences for their students.
- I believe that the healthiest school districts are those with active parental involvement and deep and lasting community connections.
- I believe in Farmington Public Schools and my ability to work with our school community, to engage every student in a quality experience and empower each student to become a thoughtful, contributing citizen in a changing world!
So thank you for your partnership and welcome to FPS!
Christopher J. Delgado, Ph.D.
Farmington Public Schools