2019 Summer School Information
Full course offerings and registration information, including elementary, middle, and high school programs, are NOT yet available for Summer School 2019. Please subscribe to the Farmington Public Schools listserv and check this web page in early 2019 for more information.
High School Summer School
For planning purposes, incoming 9th grade students are able to register for the following summer courses:
- Intro to Active Lifestyle
For students needing repeat credit high school credit, the following courses are tentatively available for summer 2019:
- Algebra 1
- Algebra 2
- Geometry A/B
- English Literature 9, 10, 11, 12
- Biology A/B
- Chemistry A/B
This page will be updated when registration and more information is available.
Other questions? Please call 248-489-3827
District Summer School Supervisor
Camp Invention® is returning to Farmington Public School District!
In partnership with the National Inventors Hall of Fame® (NIHF), Farmington Community School is pleased to offer the nationally acclaimed Camp Invention® program to children entering kindergarten through sixth grade. It’s an exciting, weeklong summer adventure with lessons that explore connections between science, technology, engineering and innovation. Children work together to create solutions to real-world problems and build critical 21st-century skills while rotating through several high-energy, hands-on modules. The week begins on June 17, 2019 with Elizabeth Wilson serving as Director of the ALL-NEW 2019 program, Supercharged!
Here are how young innovators will be spending their time:
- Exploring the electrifying relationship between frequency, circuitry, motors and gears through reverse-engineering and rebuilding their very own remote-controlled robot.
- Unearthing hidden fossils then building ships and innovative equipment to embark on a research expedition to uncover more exciting information about their discovery.
- Coding and programming robot, Bot-ANN-E, to take on duties and help turn a polluted wasteland into a fruitful farm and successful business.
- Collaborating with the Innovation Force®, a team of NIHF Inventors turned action-packed superheroes, to design superhero gadgets and disguises, explore the fields of engineering and fabrication and take on the sinister villain, the Plagiarizer.
Activities give participants the opportunity to explore, discover and achieve while having fun!
Local educators facilitate program modules and enthusiastic high-school students serve as Leadership Interns, ensuring that one staff member is in place for every eight children.
Register using promo code INNOVATE25L to save $25 (expires 3/22) or PLAY15LISTING to save $15 (expires 5/10) OFF $245. Every registration includes a complimentary Camp Invention t-shirt. Availability is limited, so visit www.invent.org/camp or call 800-968-4332 to secure your child’s spot today!