In accordance with updated recommendations from the Oakland County Health Department, the following is our Covid protocol to begin the 2022-2023 school year.
- Masks will remain optional.
- We will no longer be following/relying on the community transmission level, as that is not the metric the health departments are using anymore.
- We are no longer tracking and posting COVID-19 data on the dashboard as the OCHD is not receiving or processing data from the schools.
- We will still follow the five-day isolation period for positive cases, with the recommended wearing of masks upon returning for days six through 10.
- We are no longer requiring that asymptomatic siblings isolate as well for a positive case in the family.
- Overnight field trips will require a negative COVID test before attending.
- We are increasing the threshold for classroom/school closure to 20 percent.
- Facilities/Custodial Services will prioritize daily cleaning and have purchased additional devices (UV light, etc.) in addition to the Clorox 360 machines for deep cleaning if a positive case occurs.
- You can access free COVID tests at www.accesscovidtests.org. They will be mailed directly to your homes.