Welcome to Farmington Public Schools' Information Technology department where we provide all children and staff with quality technological support.
Service Level Agreement
The Information Technology Department promises to meet this SLA in order to support the District’s technology. This also defines the steps that are required from our users and what they can in turn expect to receive.
To meet the minimum performance criteria established in this SLA we must request that work orders be placed in our system either through the online work order application or by calling the IT Help Desk. The SLA below will address different types of problems and the service and the performance measurement. Work orders are categorized into different types of problems and will be addressed in the time specified.
The Information Technology department will respond within 1 hour for District or building wide problems.
- A network outage which is defined as a building or wing within a building that has lost communication with the rest of the district. Identified when all users within the building or users within a section of a building are not able to login into the network and or make or receive phone calls. The IT department will dispatch an engineer to correct the problem within 1 hour of the notification. If the Building outage is identified as a “down or cut fiber cable”, we will contact the District’s vendor to repair the damaged fiber cable.
- Student Information System (currently Skyward) is not available. The application is not working or cannot be accessed by our users but other network applications (i.e., email) are working. We will contact the users within 1 hour. We will also contact the Student Information System (SIS) vendor that provides support to the District if it is a problem with the application.
- An entire lab within a building is unable to communicate and students are not able to login: A classroom lab is down and is not communicating with the rest of the building or the District. The IT department will dispatch an engineer to correct the problem within 1 hour of the notification. If the problem is identified as cut or failed cable within the building we will contact the appropriate vendor to repair the fiber.
The Information Technology department will respond within 4 hours to resolve these types of issues.
- User(s) cannot login to the network due to a connection issue with either a wired or wireless connection. The user may receive the message tree or server cannot be found. We will identify and correct the problem.
- Multiple users within a building are able to login to the network (email works, access to their H: and S: drive is available) but cannot access the Internet. We will identify the problem and/or notify our provider if it is outside the District’s Local Area Network (LAN).
- Financial system (Bitech) not working or is not accessible and it is a problem with the application. A Bitech outage is caused by failed data line. The vendor who provides the connectivity will be contacted and an email will be sent out providing time to repair.
The Information Technology department will respond within the Same Day to resolve these types of issues.
- A Network Application housed on a district server is not working. We will correct the problem with the application. A few examples of Network Applications – Exchange, Network Printing, etc.
- Password changes for any application that the IT department manages. Network, Email, Student Information System (SIS)
The Information Technology department will respond within the Next Business Day to identify and resolve these types of issues.
- Failure of Hardware: Desktop, Laptop, Netbook, Chromebook, IP Phones, Interactive White Board (IWB), monitor, keyboard or mouse, network copiers.
- Staff account administration (moves, add or changes) – within 24 hours of receiving PAF from HR.
- Current Student Activation and New account creation for students (within 24 hours of receiving the request from student/staff).
- Website Requests submitted by Media Aides or Administrator – block or unblock for staff and/or students.
The Information Technology department will respond within 72 hours to these types of user requests.
- Changes in phone programming.
- Public Announcement and Bell Schedule.
- Audio Enhancement Systems, Stand Alone Projectors, VCRs.
The Information Technology department will respond within 4 weeks to users’ requests.
- Software application load request, for lab or staff computers. Software form must be completed and approved through District process and procedure # 4137.1 prior to entering the work order.
Main Number: 248.489.3326
Main Helpdesk Line: 5535 (248.324.5535)
Main Google Line: 3500
Office Hours: 7:30AM-4:30PM
Location: 32789 W 10 Mile Road, Farmington MI 48336
Inventory Control Coordinator
Technology & Project Coordinator
Technology Support Specialist
Computer Support Technicians