Enrollment and Kindergarten Information
Do you have a child that will be going into Kindergarten this fall? If so, it is time to begin thinking about registering your Kindergarten student for the 2020-2021 school year. Farmington Public Schools offers free full-day Kindergarten for its families.
Kindergarten Registration March 2-6, 2020
Kindergarten registration can occur at any time, however, it is best for parents to register their child(ren) as early as possible to guarantee placement at their home school. Registration for Kindergarten takes place at the child’s home school. To register, parents are asked to call the school to make an appointment and bring a driver’s license and proof of residency such as: warranty deed, current property tax statement or lease/rental agreement with occupancy date including a list of all occupants, and any two of the following items: current gas, electric, telephone, or cable bill. Water bills do not meet the accepted criteria.
If you wish to enroll in Kindergarten, the child must be at least five years of age by SEPTEMBER 1. The birth date cut off for a child to begin Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 school year is September 1, 2015. However, if a parent or legal guardian wishes to enroll a child with a late birth date between, September 2, 2015 and December 1, 2015, the parent must provide a letter to the school requesting enrollment.
Kindergarten Orientation Day: May 1, 2020
Information will be shared with NEW Kindergarten parents and their children on May 1 during Kindergarten Orientation Day. The Orientation will be held in the morning at each of our elementary schools. On this day, there will be no school for current Kindergarten students. Additional information regarding Kindergarten Orientation Day will be shared from each child’s home school.
For further information regarding registering for Kindergarten, please contact your home school. For those who are unsure of which elementary school their child(ren) would be attending, further information can be found at https://www.farmington.k12.mi.us/maps-street-guide.
In addition to the completed registration forms, you will also need to bring:
- Your child’s original Birth Certificate with seal (we make the copies, but must see the original)
- Copies of your child’s immunization record, last physical, and vision screening
- Parent/guardian driver’s license or state I.D. card (with current address)
- 3 additional proofs of residency (two different utility bills with name/address AND one of the following: warranty deed, most recent property tax bill or lease).
FPS Elementary Enrollment Forms & Information
- Farmington Public Schools - New Enrollment and Residency Information
- Consent to Release of Leasing Records
- Enrollment Form
- Network Registration Agreement
- Concussion Sheet and Form
- Immunization Requirements
- Consent for Disclosure of Immunization Information to Local and State Health Departments
- Permission for Students’ Photographs or Work to Appear on the Internet
- Home Language and Race-Ethnicity Survey
- Affirmation of Prior Discipline Record (for Grades 1-5 only)