Enroll In School
Welcome to Farmington Public Schools!
We are happy you are here! You can become a member of our fine district in one of the following ways.
If you reside within our District boundaries, you are able to enroll your children at any time. Farmington Public Schools' includes Farmington, Farmington Hills and a portion of West Bloomfield. You can verify District boundaries by viewing our District Map. If you are not sure which school your child should attend within our school district please refer to our District Street Guide (Shows which schools are assigned to specific street addresses).
Farmington Public Schools is not an open enrollment school district. You must live within the state defined District boundaries in order to enroll.
Schools of Choice
Please see our Schools of Choice Section (students residing in Oakland County) for further information.
Properties within our District
District Street Guide (shows which schools are assigned to what street addresses)
New Families Page
Please visit our New Families page for additional district information.
The following information must be provided by the parent/guardian at the time of enrollment:
Photo I.D., such as a driver’s license, State I.D., or passport of parent or legal guardian. Driver’s license or state I.D. must show current address*.
Three current proofs; one from Column I, and two from Column II, in the name and address* of parent or legal guardian.
- If parent/guardian does not own or rent the home in which they are living, enrollment must begin at Central Office, 32500 Shiawassee St., Farmington, MI 48336. Please call (248) 489-3329 to schedule an appointment.
* Farmington Public Schools does not accept a P.O. Box as a valid address.
Column I (one required – must be current) Column II (two required – must be current) Warranty Deed Gas Bill Current Property Tax Document Electric Bill Lease – Apartment/Home Rental – All tenants and occupant’s names, including lease beginning/ending dates, must be on lease. Lease must be signed by both landlord and tenant. Telephone Bill (landline or cell) Closing Papers (accepted only if you moved into your house within the past 30 days) Cable/Satellite Accepted Purchase Agreement – Signed by all parties with closing date indicated (Water Bill Not Accepted)
Legal guardianship documentation, obtained from the Probate Court, is required at the time of enrollment (if applicable). Student must live with a parent/legal guardian residing in the school district.
- A child must be at least 5 years of age on September 1, 2017 to enroll in Kindergarten for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Original birth certificate must be provided, and a copy will be made.
- Required for Kindergarten and all new students
- School Immunization Information - Applies to children entering childcare, Kindergarten, 7th grade, or new students to the district
- Immunization rule change from the Michigan Department of Community Health
Vision Screening – Kindergarten
Michigan Law (Public Health Code, Act 368, and Michigan School Code, Act 291) requires vision screening for kindergarten entrance.
Vision screening done by a health department technician, a physician or an eye doctor fulfills this requirement.
Oakland County Health Division offers free vision screening for County residents. Call 248.424.7070 for an appointment.
Where to Enroll
Records from Previous Schools
Parent will be asked to supply student's records from previous school or sign a release for request of the records.