Middle School Online Resources
Residents in Michigan are provided access to a number of electronic resources such as General Reference Center Gold, Health and Wellness Resource Center, LearnATest, and NetLibrary. FirstSearch research databases include Medline, ArticleFirst, ERIC, and WilsonSelectPlus; which provide access to full text articles and abstracts.
A comprehensive database of biographical information on more than one million people throughout history, from around the world, and across all disciplines and subject areas.
This internet-based computer program allows students to work at their own pace and to reinforce the classroom curriculum. It was developed in alignment with the grade level standards set by the State of Michigan.
Google Search or Google Web Search is a web search engine owned by Google Inc. Google Search is the most-used search engine on the World Wide Web, receiving several hundred million queries each day through its various services.
The main menu at Grolier.com offers direct access to six important online encyclopedic resources.
- America the Beautiful
- Grolier Encyclopedia Americana
- Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia
- Lands & Peoples
- New Book of Knowledge
- New Book of Popular Science
HomeworkSpot.com is a free homework information portal that features the very best K-12 homework-related sites together with engaging editorial in one high-utility, educational spot.
Mango English courses are in 17 different native languages so students and their families can start speaking sooner. Mango courses focus on the four key components of language learning: vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, and culture.
NoveList is a fiction database that provides subject heading access, reviews, annotations, and much more for over 135,000 fiction titles. It also includes other content of interest to fiction readers, such as Author Read-alikes, What We're Reading, Book Discussion Guides, BookTalks, and Annotated Book Lists. For school media specialists and teachers there are Picture Book Extenders and articles on Teaching with Fiction.
SuccessMaker provides digital practice and instruction for students. Curriculum covered includes Reading and Math. The digital implementation may involve system and content services either on a local or district network, or by a cloud based service.
Type to Learn: Agents of Information will improve your student's typing speed and their accuracy by teaching them how to type more efficiently. Teachers will provide log in and password information.
The links provided on this page leave the Farmington Public School website.
Farmington Public Schools are NOT responsible for accuracy, views, or content of these web sites.
See your Media Specialist for passwords and id's for home access to the above databases.
Homework Help Great Books Online Includes several reference books like Dictionary, Encyclopedia, Thesaurus, and More Dictionary Reference Links to reference resources Guide to Grammar & Style Jack Lynch, Associate Professor of English at Rutgers University Reference Desk Source for Facts SparkNotes Online Study Guides The Math Page
Practice Skills in Math, Algebra, Trig, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Real Number
Connected Mathematics Site: https://connectedmath.msu.edu/families/
- Question Prompts to help with homework: https://connectedmath.msu.edu/families/homework-support/
- Content and explanations, select worked out homework solutions, math background for each grade level:
- 6th grade: https://connectedmath.msu.edu/families/helping-with-math/cmp3-grade-6/
- 7th grade: https://connectedmath.msu.edu/families/helping-with-math/cmp3-grade-7/
- 8th grade: https://connectedmath.msu.edu/families/helping-with-math/cmp3-grade-8/
- FAQs: https://connectedmath.msu.edu/families/faqs/
- Math Glossary: https://connectedmath.msu.edu/families/glossary/
Pearson My Math Universe: http://mymathuniverse.com/programs/cmp3rlz/channels/8
- Homework help with hints to select problems
- 6th grade: https://media.pearsoncmg.com/curriculum/math/cmp3/homework_help/G6_HomeworkHelp.pdf
- 7th grade: https://media.pearsoncmg.com/curriculum/math/cmp3/homework_help/G7_HomeworkHelp.pdf
- 8th grade: https://media.pearsoncmg.com/curriculum/math/cmp3/homework_help/G8_HomeworkHelp.pdf
- Math Background videos to review key concepts from each book
Pearson Realize- online CMP3 textbook: http://pearsonrealize.com
Virtual Nerd: http://virtualnerd.com
Research Helps The Big 6 Step-by-step guide to writing research papers. Biographies Academy of Achievement American History 102: Civil War to the Present:
Who's Who in American History
Biography.com Biography-center Infoplease.com: Biography PBS Biographies Smithsonian for Students Who2? The Nobel Prize Internet Archive Presidents President of the United States Presidents of the United States Presidents Index - Offers profiles, links to speeches, writings, and libraries. Teachers' Lesson Plans Other Teacher Resources Michigan Dept of Education K-12 Curriculum and Standards Teacher Tap Pics4Learning