Elementary School Online Resources
A comprehensive database of biographical information on more than one million people throughout history, from around the world, and across all disciplines and subject areas.
This internet-based computer program allows students to work at their own pace and to reinforce the classroom curriculum. It was developed in alignment with the grade level standards set by the State of Michigan.
The main menu at Grolier.com offers direct access to six important online encyclopedic resources.
- America the Beautiful
- Grolier Encyclopedia Americana
- Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia
- Lands & Peoples
- New Book of Knowledge
- New Book of Popular Science
This database covers geography, current events, the arts, science, health, people, government, history, sports and more.
Mango English courses are in 17 different native languages so students and their families can start speaking sooner. Mango courses focus on the four key components of language learning: vocabulary, pronunciation, grammar, and culture.
Includes the main A-Z listing of the Collegiate Dictionary, as well as the Abbreviations, Foreign Words and Phrases, Biographical Names, and Geographical Names sections of that book. Also includes 1,000 illustrations and 25 tables.
NoveList is a fiction database that provides subject heading access, reviews, annotations, and much more for over 135,000 fiction titles. It also includes other content of interest to fiction readers, such as Author Read-alikes, What We're Reading, Book Discussion Guides, BookTalks, and Annotated Book Lists. For school media specialists and teachers there are Picture Book Extenders and articles on Teaching with Fiction.
- Provide meaningful online reading practice on computers and mobile devices with hundreds of leveled books and corresponding quizzes offered at 29 levels of reading difficulty.
- Encourage close reading skills and the reading and writing connection with interactive tools and constructed response quiz questions.
- Make practicing reading fun with the engaging Kids A-Z eLearning environment, which includes built-in motivational rewards.
- Easily track individual and class-wide progress with digital reports.
SuccessMaker provides digital practice and instruction for students. Curriculum covered includes Reading and Math. The digital implementation may involve system and content services either on a local or district network, or by a cloud based service.
Type to Learn: Agents of Information will improve your student's typing speed and their accuracy by teaching them how to type more efficiently. Teachers will provide log in and password information.
Additional Online Resources
Other Helpful Links