KENBROOK MISSION STATEMENT
The Kenbrook community will provide a safe environment in which all members become reflective problem solvers and lifelong learners while developing pride in themselves, and respect for each other, now and in the future.
KENBROOK TOP TEN LIST
10. We have been a successful school since 1957!
9. We are one Kenbrook family with one focus: learning. Parents, students, staff and the community work together to make Kenbrook successful.
8. We have lots of energy at Kenbrook. Every minute of every day, our learning spaces are overflowing with children, teachers, and volunteers doing exciting, creative activities!
7. Hablamos 30 idiomas diferentes, y venimos de 34 paises diferentes! (We speak 30 different languages and come from 34 different countries.) We respect and value the contributions that make up our diverse community.
6. Kenbrook students are successful achievers. Kenbrook students have scored from the 92% to the 98% on the Michigan MEAP assessments!
5. We have been a Michigan Blue Ribbon Exemplary School twice: in 2000 and in 2004. This means that we have been recognized by the State of Michigan as having exemplary practices, programs, and achievement for our children in all aspects of their education.
4. Over 130 parents volunteer over 4000 hours for our school working on PTA committees, supporting evening activities, and helping in the classrooms & media center. We value all volunteers as important members of our learning community.
3. Many of our past teachers, parents and other staff members still come back to Kenbrook to volunteer and to substitute! They left a wondrous legacy and continue to contribute their time and talents to making our school a success.
2. We have the Farmington Public Schools and Oakland County Teacher of the Year for 2006, Miss Melissa McDermid and of 2001 Farmington Schools Elementary Teacher of the Year, Mrs. Bridget Livorine on our staff. Miss McDermid was also recognized as a Milken Family Foundation awardee in October, 2006. All of our professional staff is amazing!
1. We have 441 eager, beautiful children who come to school every day prepared to learn and to do their very best. We have 57 staff members who are passionate about their jobs. Teachers, office staff, paraprofessionals, custodians, support staff, noon aides, and the principal are committed to children and our school. We have 327 families who support our school by volunteering, by donating their time and talents, and by attending school functions and activities.