Elementary School Online Resources
Biography in Context
A comprehensive database of biographical information on more than one million people throughout history, from around the world, and across all disciplines and subject areas.
K-1 or 2, but anyone can use it. It is a Scholastic product and provides electronic versions of books for young readers, both fiction and nonfiction. Often, there is a paired offering. There is video content for some of the books.
Access all of the following resources using Clever:
- Algebra Nation
- Compass Learning
- Imagine Math
- Mcgraw-Hill - connectED
Educators, librarians, and administrators in tens of thousands of institutions worldwide rely on ProQuest to
- Provide comprehensive, easy-to-use educational resources to power learning and increase student achievement
- Enhance curriculum with age-appropriate, high-quality digital content from primary and secondary sources spanning thousands of titles and multiple media types
- Provide landmark articles and electronic resources that illuminate all aspects of the most vital issues of our time
- Inspire students to reach their fullest potential in the core curricula of Language Arts, Social Sciences, the Sciences, and Mathematics; and secondary curricula including the Arts, Multicultural Studies, and Technology and Vocational Education
The main menu at Grolier.com offers direct access to six important online encyclopedic resources.
- America the Beautiful
- Grolier Encyclopedia Americana
- Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia
- Lands & Peoples
- New Book of Knowledge
- New Book of Popular Science
MeL Kids(revamped for 2018) Michigan Electronic Library Kids Section
Includes the main A-Z listing of the Collegiate Dictionary, as well as the Abbreviations, Foreign Words and Phrases, Biographical Names, and Geographical Names sections of that book. Also includes 1,000 illustrations and 25 tables.
NoveList is a fiction database that provides subject heading access, reviews, annotations, and much more for over 135,000 fiction titles. It also includes other content of interest to fiction readers, such as Author Read-alikes, What We're Reading, Book Discussion Guides, BookTalks, and Annotated Book Lists. For school media specialists and teachers there are Picture Book Extenders and articles on Teaching with Fiction.
- Provide meaningful online reading practice on computers and mobile devices with hundreds of leveled books and corresponding quizzes offered at 29 levels of reading difficulty.
- Encourage close reading skills and the reading and writing connection with interactive tools and constructed response quiz questions.
- Make practicing reading fun with the engaging Kids A-Z eLearning environment, which includes built-in motivational rewards.
- Easily track individual and class-wide progress with digital reports.
Additional Online Resources
Other Helpful Links