Farmington Public Schools’ Farmington High School has officially been authorized as an IB World School for the Career-related Programme.
We are the second programme in Michigan, one of 125 in the US and 266 worldwide to offer this unique learning experience for students. This opportunity is well suited for students interested in combining the rigor of an IB education with a career-related study in our long standing, well renowned Career & Technical Education program. The application process has been a two-year journey and implementation of the programme is now a reality for incoming Juniors for the 2020-21 school year.
Watch this video to learn more about what the IB Career-related Programme is all about.
Essential Elements of the IB Career-related Programme:
- A 2-year course of study in a CTE program (such as Health Science, Business, Marketing, Auto, Design, Computer Science) developed based on the student’s career pathway interest
- Two student-selected IB Diploma courses with a grade 3 or more
- Two semesters of the Personal & Professional Skills (PPS) course (spring Jr yr and fall Sr yr) to develop interpersonal skills, workplace readiness skills, research skills, a global perspective and more!
- Required CP Core: (50 hours each with about half completed during the PPS course)
- Reflective Project (research based ethics essay-helps for college prep)
- Service Learning in the local community and beyond
- Language Development - learn or develop another language increasing career marketability
- Required IB and CTE assessments to demonstrate content and skill proficiency
- Opportunity to earn industry-recognized certifications for career readiness
Upon successful completion of the IBCP requirements, students earn an International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme Certificate in addition to their high school diploma upon graduation as well as career-related certifications offered throughout the course of study.
If you want to learn more about how the IB CP is benefiting students around the world? Check out this link: How the CP is making a difference for students
For further information about the IB Career-related Programme, contact the Career-related Programme Coordinator, Janet Cadeau at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a voicemail at 248-426-2813.