Track and Field
Our spring track season for all middle school students will begin the week of April 5th. All students in grades 6 through 8, hybrid or remote are eligible to participate. A Google Form was sent to all middle school students to complete if they are interested in participating this spring.
Upcoming Key Dates:
All paperwork is due online by March 26, 2021.
First practice: Monday, April 5th, outside 3:15 - 5:00pm
Moving forward, the weekly schedule will be as follows:
Mondays - Boys and Girls separate practices at same time from 3:15 to 5:00pm
Tuesdays - Boys Meet 4:00 to approx 6:00. Girls Practice 3:15 to 5:00pm
Wednesdays - Girls Meet 4:00 to approx 6:00. Boys Practice 3:15 to 5:00pm
Thursdays - Boys and Girls separate practices at same time from 3:15 to 5:00pm
Fridays (Non mandatory) - Boys and Girls separate practices at same time from 3:15 to 5:00pm
Track Meet dates will be shared at a later time.
Adult Workers are needed to Time, Scorekeep, and Judge Field Events. Compensation is available. Please contact the track coaches if you are interested.
You will need to provide the following 4 forms to complete registration:
Any student wishing to run track for STEAM Middle School must turn in their forms online/via email (do not turn in forms to the main office).
- MHSAA Physical Form - All lines completed and dated after April 15, 2019. Note that physical forms from last school year still qualify as acceptable for this year only. Forms are available on the district website: Physical Form .
- Online Sports Registration Form located on RevTrak on the FSA website under “Athletics” then select on “Athletic Registration” - Select "Spring" for Track or click on this link: FSA Spring Registration
- Pay to Participate Fee Paid (Cash, Check, or proof of online Rev Trak Payment) $150 for 7th and 8th Grades; $100 for 6th Grade
- MHSAA Health Questionnaire- ALL athletes must have a completed MHSAA Health Questionnaire on file prior to tryouts even if they have a physical on file.
Any student wishing to try out for STEAM Middle School sports must turn in ALL forms by scanning/emailing them to Athletics Secretary, Jeanne Butman at
If you are using a physical on file from a prior year (7th and 8th grade girls that were rostered with volleyball), please email Mrs. Butman to confirm that the physical is on file.
Heads Girls Coach and Email: Patrick Henderhan email@example.com
Additional Important Information:
- ALL Track activities will be held OUTSIDE! Please come dressed appropriately. It’s better to be too warm and be able to reduce your layers of clothing than not have enough layers and be cold.
- In the event of inclement weather, practice/meet will be canceled and not rescheduled. Notice will be given as soon as possible.
- Transportation to and from games is TBD.
- Locker rooms are closed; all athletes should come to school, practice and meets dressed to play.
- Athletes and coaches will wear masks at all times. Physical Distancing will be implemented. Please keep a 6 foot distance from coaches and teammates.
- Athletes need to bring their own water.
- One bathroom will be available outside for necessary use (please use the restroom prior to practice), but locker rooms are closed.
- All students must be screened and turn in a screening form each day to participate in athletics. The screening form can be found here: COVID Daily Screener
- Whether students are attending school entirely remotely, or in-person hybrid all 6th, 7th and 8th grade students are eligible to run track.
- Students not attending in-person instruction must provide their own transportation to practice each day. All students must have transportation home from practice at 5:00 pm PROMPTLY each day. If athletes are not picked up on time, team removal may occur.
Please contact Athletics secretary Mrs.Butman in the main office with any questions at 248-785-2070 or firstname.lastname@example.org