Head Start / Great Start Readiness Program

  • Great Start Readiness Program - Michigan's Nationally Recognized PreK Program

    Families interested in seeing if they qualify for the Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP) or Head Start are asked to complete the Michigan Early Childhood Connect (MIECC) Pre-Enrollment Application.  This is a central enrollment process through Oakland Schools to determine initial eligibility.  A Care Coordinator from Oakland Schools will support you in this process.  Once it is complete, they will release your information to our program in Farmington.  


    Great Start Readiness: A free preschool program for children who turn 4 on or before September 1, 2024, and whose families meet eligibility guidelines. 

    Head Start: A free preschool program for children who turn 3 on or before September 1, 2024, and whose families meet income eligibility guidelines.

    Please click on the link below and follow the steps to see if you qualify for a free program:

    • Select "Preschool 3-5"

    • Enter your email

    • Check the box for "Do you have a specific preschool you would like to apply for?"

    • Select Farmington Hills

    • Then select Farmington Public School District




    Required Documentation

    Pre-eligibility applications will be reviewed and if you are eligible, a staff member will reach out to you to continue the enrollment process.  Additional documents will be needed.  

    Required documentation includes:

    • Child Information Record

    • Student Enrollment Information Form

    • Original Birth Certificate (copy will be made at the school)

    • Copy of current Immunization Record

    • GSRP Health Appraisal/Immunization Record (physical form - physicals must have been completed within the last year.)

    • Head Start Health Appraisal/Immunization Record

    • Photo/Video Waiver

    • Naturescape Waiver

    • Concussion Form

    • Parent/guardian Photo ID verification

    • 3 Proofs of residency (1- current gas bill, and 1-current electric bill, and 1-current mortgage statement or current property tax papers) If you rent/lease an apartment or home, you must provide a current lease agreement with your name and your child's name listed as occupant on it, and it must be signed by both the landlord and tenant.
    • Proof of Income

      • Prior Year Income Tax Form 1040

      • SSI documentation

      • TANF documentation

      • Alimony

      • Child support (required, if received)

      • Unemployment Verification

      • 2 most recent pay stubs

      • W2

      • Current SNAP benefit eligibility letter

    Medical Action Plans:

    Allergy/Asthma/Seizure forms may be found below.  All forms and medications must be submitted to our office by August 23, 2024.  

    If your child has any of the following health issues, please fill out the corresponding forms.  The first page is filled out by the parent/legal guardian, the other pages need to be completed by a physician:


    Please call Jan Crockett 248-426-1051 or Tammy McDaniel 248-426-1005 to check eligibility or ask questions about the application and forms.