IB Learner Profile - The heart of the Programme
At the heart of IB is the IB Learner Profile. This is a set of traits that, through an IB education, every student will acquire.
- Inquirer - students will question the world around them
- Knowledgeable - students will learn a wide variety of content
- Thinker - students will learn critical thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as how to be a lifelong learner
- Communicator - students will learn to convey information in many different formats
- Principled - students will live with integrity and concern for others
- Open-minded - students will learn to accept and reflect on opinions that are different than theirs
- Caring - students will provide service to the community
- Risk Taker - students will step outside their comfort zone, challenge themselves, and try new things
- Balanced - students will learn in areas that are their weaknesses as well as in their strengths, students will learn to balance the many demands of the program
- Reflective - students will learn to constantly work to improve, personally and academically, through the process of reflection
From this, it is clear that the IB Diploma Programme isn't only a rigorous academic program but also a program that teaches students how to be better in a holistic sense. The IB Diploma Programme is designed to help students reach their full potential academically and personally.
For more details on the IB Learner Profile: IB Learner Profile