Apply to the IB Diploma Program
[The application is at the bottom of this page.]
Prior to applying to the IB Diploma Programme at Farmington High School, families are encouraged to attend one IB Diploma Programme Informational Session in the FHS Media Center. Contact email@example.com for more information.
- Dates TBD - January and February 2024
Here is a recording of the remote IB Information Presentation from Wednesday, 2/15/23 for those who didn't or can't attend a session. This is the link to the slide show with active links used in the presentation.
Important information to consider before you apply:
- Intradistrict School of Choice students do not need to submit an additional application for school of choice as it will be granted with acceptance to the IB programme. Transportation is not provided for school of choice students and all classes are at FHS. All students must be able to get to and from Farmington High School without the aid of the district.
- Current FHS 9th or 10th grade students should contact Mr. Miesner and/or their counselor prior to applying to the IB Diploma Programme to ensure they have the prerequisites to enter the full program.
When is the deadline to complete the IB Diploma Programme application for the 2023-24 school year? TBD - Applications can be submitted at any time, but to insure proper scheduling for next year, we ask that you have it completed by TBD.
To apply for the IB Diploma Programme, fill out the Google Form below. Make sure you complete the application in one sitting to make sure no responses are lost. You also have the option of completing a printable copy of the application and returning it to Kevin Miesner, Farmington High School, 32000 Shiawassee, Farmington, MI 48336. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-426-2665 if you are having issues with applying.)
Most of the application is demographic data but there are two short-answer questions that the student is required to answer. In order to be prepared, these questions are provided below:
- Please provide the reason(s) why you would like to be a part of the IB Diploma Programme and how it is an important part of your educational plans and supports your future goals. I am interested in participating in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme because…
- Thinking ahead, one of the biggest challenges of the junior and senior years of the IB Diploma Programme is time management. What do you plan to do to make sure you can be successful with your time management?