Apply to the IB Diploma Program
[The application is at the bottom of this page.]
Prior to applying to the IB Diploma Programme at Farmington High School, families are encouraged to attend one IB Diploma Programme Informational Session in the FHS Media Center. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Monday, 1/23/23, 6:30-7:30 pm
- Thursday, 2/2/23, 6:30-7:30 pm
- Wednesday, 2/15/23, 6:30-7:30 pm *This will be conducted through Google Meet*
- Monday, 2/27/23, 6:30-7:30 pm
Please RSVP for the session of your choice HERE.
Here is a recording of the remote IB Information Presentation from Wednesday, 2/15/23 for those who didn't or can't attend a session. This is the link to the slide show with active links used in the presentation.
Important information to consider before you apply:
- Intradistrict School of Choice students do not need to submit an additional application for school of choice as it will be granted with acceptance to the IB programme. Transportation is not provided for school of choice students and all classes are at FHS. All students must be able to get to and from Farmington High School without the aid of the district.
- Section 105 Oakland County Resident School of Choice students need to complete the proper application and be approved to attend FHS prior to completing the IB Diploma Programme application below. (11th Grade Oakland County School of Choice for IB will need to provide transcripts to confirm the student has met the minimum requirements to enter the program during 9th and 10th grades.)
- Current FHS 9th or 10th grade students should contact Mr. Miesner and/or their counselor prior to applying to the IB Diploma Programme to ensure they have the prerequisites to enter the full program.
When is the deadline to complete the IB Diploma Programme application for the 2023-24 school year?
- FPS students: Applications can be submitted at any time, but to insure proper scheduling for next year, we ask that you have it completed by Sunday, 3/5/23. (This date is specific to current 8th Grade FPS students. The scheduling timeline is different for other groups of students. Please contact email@example.com if you are unsure of when to apply.)
- Section 105 Oakland County School of Choice students: Applications must be submitted at the same time as the SOC application. The deadline for this is February 10, 2023 (all required documentation is required at that time, including a current transcript). Please complete your application process through the School of Choice section of the Website.
To apply for the IB Diploma Programme, fill out the Google Form below. Make sure you complete the application in one sitting to make sure no responses are lost. You also have the option of completing a printable version of the application and returning it to Kevin Miesner, Farmington High School, 32000 Shiawassee, Farmington, MI 48336. (Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 248-426-2665 if you are having issues with applying.)
Most of the application is demographic data but there are two short answer questions that the student is required to answer. In order to be prepared, these questions are provided below:
- Please provide the reason(s) why you would like to be a part of the IB Diploma Programme and how it is an important part of your educational plans and supports your future goals. I am interested in participating in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme because…
- Thinking ahead, one of the biggest challenges of the junior and senior years of the IB Diploma Programme is time management. What do you plan to do to make sure you can be successful with your time management?