Adult ESL (English as a Second Language)
✱ 30175 Highmeadow Road, Farmington Hills, MI 48334 • (248) 489.3827 ✱
Registration & Placement Testing
* 9/15, 9/22, 9/29, 10/6, 10/13/20 *
Online or evening testing is by appointment only
Fall semester registration deadline: 10/13/20
After this date, all names will be added to
the wait list for the Spring 2021 semester
To add your name to the registration list for the Fall 2020 semester, please choose one of the following options:
- Call: Lynne Opasik, ESL Clerk - (248) 426-2659
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-person: 30175 Highmeadow Road, Farmington Hills, MI 48334
✱ Classes for Fall 2020 semester ✱
*On 8/11/20, the FPS school board voted to have all classes begin the semester in Distance Learning mode (online only) from 9/8-10/30/20. As we progress through the semester, students will be notified of any changes to this mode of class meetings for the remainder of the semester.
* ONLINE ONLY - MORNING CLASSES: MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, & THURSDAY
9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. - DATES: 9/8/20 - 1/7/21
* ONLINE ONLY - EVENING CLASSES: MONDAY, TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, & THURSDAY
6:00 P.M. - 9:00 P.M. - DATES: 9/8/20 - 1/7/21
Morning & Evening classes include Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced ESL
Students must attend class 3-4 days per week
CAREER TRAINING EDUCATION (CTE) COHORTS
FALL COHORT: FRIDAYS - 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. - 9/18/20 - 1/29/21
SPRING COHORT: FRIDAYS - 9:00 A.M. - 1:00 P.M. - 2/5/21 - 6/18/21
* FURTHER INFORMATION COMING SOON *
Like/Follow on Facebook!
ALLOW 3 HOURS FOR EVALUATION AND PLACEMENT
- All students must have a valid photo I.D. such as a Michigan Driver's License, Michigan I.D. card, or Passport.
- ALL STUDENTS MUST BE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD OR OLDER.
- A voluntary $25.00 cash donation per semester for student activities is requested (Thanksgiving celebration, graduation, class celebrations, etc.)
- Child care is not available during registration. Children under 16 years of age are not permitted in the building during registration.
APPLICANTS ACCOMPANIED BY CHILDREN UNDER 16 YEARS OLD WILL BE TURNED AWAY AT THE DOOR DURING REGISTRATION.
Program Purpose: To assist students whose first language is not English with the development of speaking, listening, reading, writing, and real-life English skills for success within the community.Program Highlights:• English language acquisition• Helping ESL students obtain jobs• Access to secondary educational opportunities• A wide variety of community resources• Support your children in the K-12 schools• U.S. Civics to prepare for citizenship• New, lifetime friendships with classmates and staffJoin us!
- Daycare children must be a minimum of 18 months and walking by 9/8/20 and cannot have turned 4 years old prior to 9/8/20.
- A voluntary $25 cash donation per semester per child for activities and supplies.