What does it mean to be an observer?
How do parents/guardians create accounts?
- Parents can create a Parent Canvas account at https://fpsk12.instructure.com. To do this, parents along with their student(s) need to first generate a pairing code within the student account. This pairing code then allows a parent account to be linked to the student’s account. Here are directions for creating the parent account and linking it to your student’s account.
- Video on how to find the pairing code and create your account
- I have multiple students in Canvas. When I get notifications I can’t tell for which student it is?
Gradebook Clarification: We have received a number of questions about which gradebook should students and families look at for official grades.
- MiStar is the official gradebook of record.
- Teachers have the ability to score work within Canvas, however MiStar is the official gradebook.
- The scores may not match when looking at Canvas and MiStar for a number of reasons. Some reasons may be:
- There is a delay between the systems to update.
- Some classes may have work that is graded outside of Canvas
Please refer to MiStar for the official grades.
How do I use the Canvas Parent App?