DEPOSITING FUNDS INTO YOUR CHILD'S MEAL ACCOUNT
NEW THIS YEAR - NUTRITION SERVICES IS USING FAMILY PORTAL THROUGH MEAL MAGIC FOOD MANAGEMENT SYSTEM IN CONJUNCTION WITH E~FUNDS.
We highly recommend that you pre-pay for a minimum of a week’s worth of lunches.
On-line payment is preferred.
To make a deposit to your child's lunch account, you may:
- Pay On-line, at: https://farmington.familyportal.cloud
- Send a check. Checks should be made payable to Farmington Public Schools with your child’s name and keypad number in the memo section of the check. You may also mail checks to: Nutrition Services Dept., 25000 Middlebelt Rd., Farmington Hills, MI 48336
- Send cash. Cash may be used, but be sure to put it in a sealed envelope with your child’s name and keypad number. Schools are not responsible for lost or stolen money.
Instructions to set-up a Family Portal Account:
- Create a Family Portal online account. (Video Tutorial).
(All families must create a new account. Student data will not be transferred from their 2021/22 account. (All meal balances will be transferred once a Family Portal Account is created for each student). You will need each student's id number to set up their meal account. If you don't know your child's id number, you may login to the MiStar Parent Portal for each of your children in attendance at Farmington Public Schools. The MISTAR Parent Portal can be accessed here: https://www.farmington.k12.mi.us/mistar. After logging in, click on your student’s name to access his/her 9-digit local id number, located to the right of your student's name.
- How to make a deposit instructions: (Video Tutorial)
- How to view meal transactions, transfer funds between family members and set parental controls. (Video Tutorial)
Return Check & e-Check Fee Policy: NSF CHECK POLICY – The District’s returned check fee is $20.00 and will be charged to your child’s lunch account.
Refer to District Guideline: 5160 - Lost or Damaged School Property and Money Due.
Low Balance Email Notifications - In addition to students being verbally notified in the cafeteria by the kitchen staff, Low Meal Balances emails will be generated Sunday - Thursday for student account balances that have fallen below $5.00. This is a friendly reminder to deposit additional funds to ensure that there is no interruption in meal service.
Negative Balance Blackboard Notifications - In addition to students being verbally notified in the cafeteria by the kitchen staff, the District's Blackboard Mass Messenger program will call the parent or guardian when the remaining money in the student's meal account goes in the negative.