Student Schedule Changes
All requests for schedule changes are due by the third day of the semester.
Requests for schedule changes are for the following reasons:
- The student has an incomplete schedule
- The student has a failure from the previous semester in a prerequisite course (based on availability).
- The student completed a course previously that is on the schedule (repeat)
- Student has both terms of a class in the same semester (A and B).
- Classes are out of sequence.
- Seniors missing a graduation requirement.
- Student did not request the course or select it as an alternate.
If you meet the above criteria, complete the schedule change request form HERE .
If you do not meet the criteria, you must still complete the form and include an explanation for the reason you believe a change is needed.
Your counselor will email you to let you know whether or not a change is possible.
Forms - Below are additional forms that may need to be completed to register for a class.
Dance 4 - Dance Company Audition - Dance Company Audition Application This class takes place at Farmington High School. Students who wish to participate in Dance Company must complete this application and audition. Please be aware that students must provide their own transportation to participate in this program.
TV10 Application - TV 10 Application This class takes place at North Farmington. Students who wish to participate in TV10 must complete an application. Please be aware that students must provide their own transportation to participate in this program.
International Baccalaureate Programme - IB Application
Dual Enrollment - Students who wish to take a college course in place of one of their FHS/NFHS classes. Please review this dual enrollment process, and reach out to your counselor for more information. Attending a college class while a high school student is possible when the district and State of Michigan eligibility guidelines are followed. Contact your counselor for information.
- Dual Enrollment Student Checklist 21-22
- Dual Enrollment Voucher
- Dual Enrollment Questions and Answers
Students wishing to take 1 or 2 online courses in place of the equivalent number of FHS/NFHS courses.
- Students who want to exchange a 2nd year World Language for a CTE program OR,
- Students who want to exchange a science class for a CTE program.
- Making a CTE Program Completer for Exchange Credit 2021-2022. This is a list of CTE Courses that can be used to complete a credit exchange. CTE Credit Equivalency Guide.
EMT Application - Students who wish to take the Emergency Medical Technician Course must complete this application process.
Grading Policy- Grading System, Requests for Grade Changes, Retaking Classes, Class Rank
Class of 2011 and beyond:
Students have the opportunity to earn a total of 24 credits. If a student should fail a class, he/she is encouraged to make up that credit.
On occasion, a student fails multiple classes. If they should fail four courses (two credits), their graduation from Farmington High School is very much in jeopardy. The Farmington District allows a student to earn up to four credits through classes outside the district. This includes accredited virtual learning programs, summer school at other districts, and correspondence classes. All outside credits to be used for make up credit must have prior approval from the student’s counselor. Students have four years of traditional public high school, after that time and they have not received their diploma by August 31st of their last year of high school, they will need to contact Farmington Central High School (248-489-3333) about a graduation plan.