Farmington Public Schools’ Farmington High School has officially been authorized as an IB World School for the Career-related Programme.
We are the second programme in Michigan, one of 158 in the US and 326 worldwide to offer this unique learning experience for students. This opportunity is well suited for students interested in combining the rigor of an IB education with a two-year course of study in our long standing, well renowned Career & Technical Education (CTE) program. In June, 2022, Farmington High School’s first IBCP candidate graduated and achieved the IB Career-related Programme Certificate!
FHS Student IBCP Overview Video - (4 ½ minutes)
IB Career-related Programme Overview for Parents & Students - Virtual Presentation (8 ½ minutes)
IB Career-related Programme (IBCP) Info Form - Please complete this form if you are interested in participating in the IB Career-related Programme or would like more information.
Watch this video to learn more about what the IB Career-related Programme is all about.
Essential Elements of the IB Career-related Programme:
- A 2-year course of study in a CTE program (such as Health Science, Business, Marketing, Auto, Design, Computer Science) developed based on the student’s career pathway interest. Students may choose Sports, Exercise & Health Science or IBDP Visual Arts as their career-related study.
- Two student-selected IB Diploma courses
- Two semesters of the Personal & Professional Skills (PPS) course to develop interpersonal skills, workplace readiness skills, research skills, a global perspective and more!
- Required CP Core: (50 hours each with about half completed during the PPS course)
- Reflective Project (research based ethics essay-helps for college prep)
- Service Learning in the local community and beyond
- Language Development - learn or develop another language increasing career marketability
- Required IB and CTE assessments to demonstrate content and skill proficiency
- Opportunity to earn industry-recognized certifications for career readiness
Upon successful completion of the IBCP requirements, students achieve an International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme Certificate in addition to their high school diploma upon graduation.
If you want to learn more about how the IB CP is benefiting students around the world? Check out this link: How the CP is making a difference for students
For further information about the IB Career-related Programme, contact the Career-related Programme Coordinator, Janet Cadeau at email@example.com or leave a voicemail at 248-426-2813.