YMCA Before and After School Program - Grade K-4
Section 504 Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (commonly referred to as “504”) guarantees certain rights to parents/guardians of students with disabilities. Farmington Public Schools attempts to identify students who may be eligible under Section 504 and inform parents/guardians of these rights.
By way of very brief summary, parents/guardians have the right to request that a student be evaluated for eligibility under Section 504. If a student is found eligible, a Section 504 Accommodation Plan is developed, with parental participation. The entire process is typically completed within thirty (30) school days.
Farmington Public Schools has developed a document titled Procedural Safeguards which explains the rights of parents/guardians under Section 504. The document is available on-line by following this link: http://www.farmington.k12.mi.us/district/specialeducation/504_procedural_safeguards.pdf. A copy of the Procedural Safeguards may also be requested from any building principal. For further information, please contact: Child Find Department, (248) 785-2060 [ages 5 and under] Student’s Building Administrator [ages 6 and above]
For Child Find Information ages birth to 5, please follow this link (http://www.farmington.k12.mi.us/district/specialeducation/child_find.php) or call (248) 426-4932.
For ages 6+ please contact your school building administrator.
"Bullying 101 for Parents" (Parent Forum held November 15, 2010 and January 19, 2011)
Government and Administration
- Michigan Department of Education
- U.S. Department of Education
- State of Michigan Web Site
- Oakland Schools
Health and Wellness
- Ages &
Young children change and grow at such a fast pace. If you are interested in learning more about your child's development, and your child is between 3 months and 5 years, follow this link for a free developmental screen.
- Authorization for Medication Form
- Covering Kids & Families with Health Insurance is Goal of Back to School Outreach Campaign
- H1N1 (Swine) Flu Information
- MRSA Information Fact Sheet
- Oakland County Health Division Infomational podcast regarding the importance of immunizations
- Pre-teen and Teen Vaccinations
- Read the Latest "Break the Silence" article from the keynote speaker at the annual Call To Action Coalition breakfast.
- Voluntary Student Accident Insurance
- Youth Suicide Prevention
"How to Raise a Writer" (Parent Forum Handouts - May 2009)
Parent Legislative Advocacy Network (PLAN)
Parent Teacher Association (PTA)
Nut Restricted Resources
- Nut Restricted Schools Questions & Answers
- Nut Free Snacks
- Peanut and Tree Nut Free Candies
- Peanut & Tree Nut Free Lunches
Safe Schools and Communities
- Emergency Preparedness Commission Tips
- Safe Routes 2 School, Questions and Answers
- Getting to School Safely - Oakland County Podcast
- School Safety (pdf 35.1k)