Mission & Information
Gill Elementary Mission Statement
The Gill Elementary Mission is to inspire lifelong learning by providing opportunities for all learners to become responsible, healthy, creative, knowledgeable and resourceful individuals who contribute and communicate within our diverse world.
Farmington Public Schools, together with our community, will engage every student in a quality learning experience, empowering each student to become a thoughtful, contributing citizen in a changing world.
The vision of Farmington Public Schools is high achievement by all students, where learning is our most important work. We are a district in which:
- Students, teachers, parents, community members, support staff, and administrators work collaboratively to create a positive learning environment to ensure all students are successful, competent and productive.
- Teachers hold high expectations for all students.
- We rely on our diversity of thought, perspective and people to build on our strengths.
- All students and staff feel empowered and supported.
- Teachers use best practice in every classroom to engage each child.
- Each school provides a safe, caring and nurturing environment for students, staff and parents that enables every child to experience the joy of learning.
- Decisions are based on data and quality information.
- Resourceful Problem Solver
- Interdependent Team Member
- Life-long learner
- Global Citizen
- Healthy Individual
- Culturally Competent
Students develop visual literacy through the study of art. They gain knowledge, skills, and attitudes in the perception, production, and judgment of art, be it their own, multicultural, historical, and/or contemporary masterworks. Students reflect on art as a source of information about themselves and their world. They explore assessment skills in elementary grades in preparation for portfolio assessment which begins in fifth grade.
Students will learn to create a quality life-style that encourages skill development, health-related fitness and mental, social and emotional development. A separate report card for physical education will be issued twice a year.
Students are developing listening and performing skills in music, through the study of rhythm, melody, harmony, form and tone color. They are learning how to express their ideas in sound by singing, moving, playing, creating and composing. A separate report card for general music will be included in June.
Gill has a population of 560 students in our K-4 classrooms.