Enroll in School


Farmington Public Schools is not an open enrollment school district. You must live within the state defined District boundaries in order to enroll at Farmington Public Schools.

The following information must be provided by the parent/guardian at the time of enrollment:


Photo I.D., such as a driver’s license, State I.D., or passport of parent, step-parent, or legal guardian. Driver’s license or state I.D. must show current address*.


Three current proofs; one from Column I, and two from Column II, in the name and address* of parent, step-parent, or legal guardian.

  • If parent/guardian does not own or rent the home in which they are living, enrollment must begin at Central Office, 32500 Shiawassee St., Farmington, MI 48336. Please call (248) 489-3329 to schedule an appointment.

* Farmington Public Schools does not accept a P.O. Box as a valid address.

Column I (one required – must be current) Column II (two required – must be current)
Warranty Deed Gas Bill
Current Property Tax Document Electric Bill
Lease – Apartment/Home Rental – All tenants and occupant’s names, including lease beginning/ending dates, must be on lease.  Lease must be signed by both landlord and tenant. Telephone Bill (landline or cell)
Closing Papers (accepted only if you moved into your house within the past 30 days) Cable/Satellite
Accepted Purchase Agreement – Signed by all parties with closing date indicated (Water Bill Not Accepted)


Legal guardianship documentation, obtained from the Probate Court, is required at the time of enrollment (if applicable). Student must live with a parent/legal guardian residing in the school district.

Birth Certificate

  • A child must be at least 5 years of age on September 1, 2016 to enroll in kindergarten for the 2016-2017 school year.
  • Original birth certificate must be provided, and a copy will be made.

Immunization Records

Where to Enroll

Students should enroll at the school they are assigned based on their address. See Boundary Maps or Street Guide to determine which school your child/children would attend.

Records from Previous Schools

Parent will be asked to supply student's records from previous school or sign a release for request of the records.