Enroll in School
The following information must be provided by the parent/guardian at the time of enrollment:
Photo I.D., such as a driver’s license, State I.D., or passport of parent, step-parent, or legal guardian. Driver’s license or state I.D. must show current address*.
Three current proofs; one from Column I, and two from Column II, in the name and address* of parent, step-parent, or legal guardian.
- If parent/guardian does not own or rent the home in which they are living, enrollment must begin at Central Office, 32500 Shiawassee, Farmington, MI 48336. Please call (248) 489-3329 to schedule an appointment.
* Farmington Public Schools does not accept a P.O. Box as a valid address.
|Column I (one required – must be current)||Column II (two required – must be current)|
|Mortgage Document or Deed||Gas Bill|
|Current Property Tax Document||Electric Bill|
|Lease – Apartment/Home Rental – All tenants and occupant’s names, including lease beginning/ending dates, must be on lease. Lease must be signed by both landlord and tenant.||Telephone Bill (landline or cell)|
|Closing Papers (accepted only if you moved into your house within the past 30 days)||Cable/Satellite|
|Accepted Purchase Agreement – Signed by all parties with closing date indicated||(Water Bill Not Accepted)|
Legal guardianship documentation, obtained from the Probate Court, is required at the time of enrollment (if applicable). Student must live with a parent/legal guardian residing in the school district)
- Child must be 5 years old by November 1 of current year to enroll in kindergarten
- Original birth certificate must be provided, and a copy will be made.
- Required for kindergarten and all new students
- New School Immunization Requirements K,5,6 Grades and New Students
Where to Enroll
Records from Previous Schools
Parent will be asked to supply student's records from previous school or sign a release for request of the records.