Early Childhood Program Registration 2013-2014
Proceed to PaySchools by clicking the school name below to access online payment.
Enrollment for the 2013-14 preschool year begins March 2, 2013 at Alameda Early Childhood Center and Farmington Community School. Classes are tentatively scheduled to begin the week of September 9, 2013.
Alameda Early Childhood Center
Farmington Community School
Early Childhood Program Overview
All early childhood programs offer developmentally appropriate, play based learning environments that focus on all areas of child development including opportunities for science, gym and media enrichment. Our curriculum is aligned with the Michigan State Standards for Early Childhood. Both our centers are licensed by the State of Michigan and Accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
Giving children an early foundation for learning is an important step to school success. As children begin to learn school routines and develop relationships with peers, they will feel more secure to move onto the next transition into elementary school.
When enrolling children in preschool classes we encourage parents to keep children in the class in which they begin. Classroom placement is based on random selection, enrollment numbers and staff consultation. Teacher requests may be made, but are not guaranteed. After the end of open registration, a lottery may be held for a class that has more students than it can enroll. (Lottery information will be posted at both centers during registration).
To help our teachers learn about your children, we ask that all parents or guardians complete an online Ages and Stages Questionnaire (ASQ) within the first 45 days of school. The ASQ helps teachers with their instruction to meet your child’s developmental needs. The ASQ is available on the Alameda and Farmington Community School web sites (www.farmington.k12.mi.us/ala/ or www.farmington.k12.mi.us/fcs/).
Classes will follow the Farmington Public School vacation calendar and district emergency-closing schedule. School days missed will not be rescheduled and tuition will not be reimbursed. Transportation is not provided for tuition programs.
Registration, Withdrawal & Class Change Policies
The following must be provided upon registration:
- Copy of child’s birth certificate
- Complete Student Enrollment Information Sheet
- Program Registration Form
- $75.00 Non-Refundable Registration Fee ($100 Non-Resident families)
- Complete Volunteer Application Form
- Complete Emergency Card
The following must be provided before August 26, 2013:
- A green health form, including the record of immunizations signed and dated by physician
- Complete Allergy Packet (if necessary)
Children will not be allowed to start school without these forms.
Withdrawal/Class Change Policy:
- Payments can be made with checks, cash, MC, Visa or on the Farmington Public School web page.
- We accept Family Independence Agency (F.I.A.) payments toward tuition, checks and cash.
- The $75 registration fee ($100 for non-residents) is required at the time of registration and is non-refundable unless the class is cancelled by Farmington Public Schools.
- Registration fees are separate from tuition fees. See Fee Schedule.
- Children will not be permitted in class if tuition is not paid.
- There will be no refunds of tuition for field trips, school emergency or weather closings, absences, school or personal vacations or after April 1.
- Parents may withdraw children at any time with a 2-week written notice. A $250 cancellation fee will be withheld from refund. Parents are responsible for tuition for the duration of the 2-week notice.
- Tuition paid after the due date will incur a $10 fee for each week the payment is late.
- Returned checks will be charged a fee of $20.
- Tuition paid in full with the first day of school is discounted by 1.5%.