Farmington Public Schools, together with our community, will engage every student in a quality learning experience, empowering each student to become a thoughtful, contributing citizen in a changing world.
The vision of Farmington Public Schools is high achievement by all students, where learning is our most important work. We are a district in which:
- Students, teachers, parents, community members, support staff, and administrators work collaboratively to create a positive learning environment to ensure all students are successful, competent and productive.
- Teachers hold high expectations for all students.
- We rely on our diversity of thought, perspective and people to build on our strengths.
- All students and staff feel empowered and supported.
- Teachers use best practice in every classroom to engage each child.
- Each school provides a safe, caring and nurturing environment for students, staff and parents that enables every child to experience the joy of learning.
- Decisions are based on data and quality information.
Curriculum, Instruction and Student
Farmington Public Schools will continuously grow as a community of learners integrated with the world where:
- Each member will feel physically, emotionally, and academically safe, secure and accepted.
- All learners will experience and achieve a challenging, relevant, high-level learning environment which will prepare them to be lifelong learners, successful in a global society.
- All learners will develop into critical and
creative thinkers to be adaptable citizens of
the future able to embrace change through
processing, accessing, designing and managing
Farmington Public Schools will inspire every community member to invest in our children’s future and build participation and ownership in our school district by:
- Promoting honest, trustworthy relationships through open communication.
- Seeking out and respecting each other’s diverse ideas, perspectives and abilities.
- Increasing collaborations with business, government and cultural organizations to make the most of our vast community resources.
Farmington Public Schools will develop and implement a proactive financial management model that enables it to make decisions based upon requirements and priorities including:
- Prioritizing needs and acknowledging requirements.
- Investigating renewable energy resources.
- Consolidating services and facilities.
- Providing access to health and wellness.
- Building public support/involvement.
To support and enhance educational excellence to develop all students to thrive as global citizens, Farmington Public Schools will:
- Attract, develop and retain staff with multiple perspectives who inspire and foster a world class learning community.
- Build upon and sustain a culturally competent district.
- Create and maintain exemplary physical and virtual facilities.
- Utilize cutting edge technology that supports learning and facilitates operations.